Donations & Sponsorships
Cabot Creamery is a 1,200-farm family dairy cooperative with members in New England and upstate New York. We value our roots as a cooperative — and as a way of doing business.
Make a Product Donation or Sponsorship Request to the Farm Families
Please understand that we are a co-op, and as such we return all of the profits to the farm families at the end of each year. The generosity of our farmers and their interest in supporting the communities in which they live and where they sell product allows us to offer donations and sponsorships. Please understand however, the resources are very limited. To learn more about the profits our farm families receive click here.
STEP 1 • Be sure your event or organization meets the following criteria
- The event/organization must be located in an area of the country where Cabot and McCadam products are widely available.
- The event/organization must support community-related causes, such as organizations that support families in need. Typically, Cabot and McCadam do not contribute to golf tournaments (i.e. hole sponsorships etc.).
- Whenever possible, events should be compatible with cheese! Food-related, beer or wine events are given more weight when they benefit a non-profit or similar organization.
- Please make your request at least 6 weeks before the date of the event.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to support events or fundraisers that only benefit an individual or family.
- We encourage requests from non-profits and volunteer driven organizations.
- If you have received a donation from our farmers within the last two years, please withhold your request so that we may help others in need.
STEP 2 • Submit your request
- Give us as much information as possible to get to know your event or organization.
- Please note that while your request may meet all the above criteria, Cabot and McCadam receive hundreds of worthy applications each year, and unfortunately it is impossible to honor them all. Because we are a cooperative, our first priority is to the Farm Families who own Cabot. Requests that provide maximum exposure to the farmers and their products are given precedence.
STEP 3 • Stay in touch, and enjoy your donation!
- We will contact you as soon as possible to let you know whether we will be able to honor your request. If you do not hear back from us within 7 to 10 days, please call 802-229-9361 ext. 1616.
- If you live within 40 miles of Montpelier, we request that you pick up your donation at our administrative office located at 1 Home Farm Way, Montpelier, Vermont. Vermont product donations can be shipped year round as they are sent overnight. For all other locations, hot weather prohibits our shipping of cheese products to you between May and August; however, you may pick them up yourself in Montpelier during those months.